Looking for a way to connect with and support the Clarence Brown Theatre?
Join the Marian Brown’s Circle today!
Many of you may not know, but it was Clarence Brown’s wife Marian who had a passion for the arts and helped encourage Clarence to invest in the theatre you see today. The Marian Brown’s Circle (MBC) is our way of honoring her legacy.
And we’re not your average book club. MBC members delve into the scripts seen on CBT stages with the director, actors, dramaturg, or sometimes, even the playwright! Between our Literary Lunches and Page2Stage events, there’s never a shortage of fun and engaging discussions as a Marian Brown’s Circle member.
Levels & Benefits
All Levels Receive:
- Personal scripts of four plays* (three shown below) and a special selected script by members
- Marian Brown’s Circle tote and journal*
- Listing on the CBT website, and in the CBT MainStage & Carousel virtual programs
- Invitation to attend four Literary Lunches and all four Page2Stage events, virtual or in-person as allowed
- Two Literary Lunch Guest passes
- Invitation to attend the four Literary Lunches, virtual or in-person as allowed
- One Literary Lunch guest pass
*This benefit affects tax deductibility.
We will be following state, industry, and University safety guidelines in the 2021/2022 season.
Like to read reviews before deciding? Hear from past MBC members:
“An excellent way to advance your understanding and enjoyment of the Clarence Brown Theatre experience. I highly recommend becoming a part of this circle.”
“Marian Brown’s Circle offers an extra bit of delight, like another helping of literary dessert, about all the things you love about theatre. So much fun to get an extra glimpse behind the scenes.”
Susan and Jerry Kornegay
Maureen Dunn McBride
Linda and Terry Tyler
Donna and Terry Wertz
Larry and Jenny Bushkell
Pam and Jim Given
Sara A. Phillips
For questions about your Marian Brown’s Circle membership or benefits, please contact Amanda Middleton at email@example.com or (865) 974-5654.