WHAT ARE YOUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS?
Your safety — and that of our artists and staff— is our top priority! As guidelines evolve, so too will our safety plan. The following practices are based on current University of Tennessee policy and industry standards.
- Patrons: While we are unable to require masks, vaccines or negative covid test results at this time, for the safety of our staff, patrons, and especially our unmasked actors, and to comply with theatrical industry standards, we respectfully request that all patrons wear masks at all times while inside the Clarence Brown Theatre.
- Performers: Will not be masked while onstage but will be masked at all other times.
- CBT Staff: Will be masked.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
We have increased sanitation measures throughout the building and put some new protocols in place to improve safety including:
- Touch free electronic ticketing
- Hand sanitizers
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Cleaning of filtration systems
- Acrylic guards at the Box Office
- We have certified COVID compliance officers on staff who direct all health and safety policy. All of our staff have been fully trained in the most recent COVID safety procedures.
- You will receive a digital playbill with three viewing options: on our website show page; included as a link in e-blasts promoting the production; and as a link in pre-performance emails prior to the production.
- Limited food and drink will be available for purchase at the concession stand.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF COVID POLICIES CHANGE?
If there are any changes to University of Tennessee policies that impact our safety protocols, we will contact you via email as soon as we know. If changes mean you no longer wish to attend the production, you will be given the option to exchange your tickets, donate your tickets, or receive a full refund.
We also will post any safety protocol changes on our website and social channels.
HOW AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TICKETS?
This season, you will receive digital tickets.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF A PERFORMANCE IS CANCELLED OR POSTPONED?
If we have to cancel or postpone, we will contact you via email as soon as we know. You will be given the option to exchange your tickets, donate your tickets, or receive a full refund.
We also will post any cancellation or postponement on our website and social channels.
WHAT IF I HAVE TICKETS TO A PERFORMANCE BUT FEEL OR BECOME ILL?
Do not come to the theatre if you feel or become ill, please contact the Box Office for your ticketing options.