Each year, we offer Season for Youth Student Matinees during the regular school day. Available at reduced rates for school groups, these performances engage and expose youth to the wonders of live, professional theatre and help inspire and build the next generation of theatre lovers! We hope you and your students will join us!
To make your visit a memorable one, we offer several incentives:
- Each student ticket is only $6.
- One complimentary chaperone ticket will be issued per 10 students.
[For groups of 30 or less, a maximum of 3 chaperones will be allowed to ensure that as many students as possible have the opportunity to attend our productions.]
- A teacher’s guide will be sent to you prior to the performance to help you prepare your students.
Interested groups can also request post-performance discussions with the actors and/or technicians or tours of the facility to further broaden the educational experience.
- Student ticket subsidies (STS) for schools are available through the Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC). The application and guidelines can be accessed here.
- Didn’t receive STS Funding from the TAC and need further assistance helping to fund your field trip? Please check out the Target Field Trip Grant program.
Online application available August 1, 2019.
As a part of the Season for Youth program, discussion guides are available for teachers and are mailed out. Interested groups can also request post-performance discussions with the actors and/or technicians or tours of the facility to further broaden the educational experience.
Note: We are unable to admit children under five (5) years of age. Due to fire code restrictions, lap-seating is strictly prohibited.
Major Benefits for Students Who Attend Live Theatre, Study Finds…learn more now!
Please make your reservations as early as possible as reservations are made on a “first come, first served” basis. Season for Youth Student Matinees frequently sell out and have a waiting list of schools that would like to attend. To enable schools to move from the waiting list as space becomes available, payment is required in advance. Please note that any changes to your reservations must be made in writing by the original contact (email) and are subject to availability. More information is available by calling the Clarence Brown Box Office at (865) 974-5161.
Please send payments to:
University of Tennessee
Clarence Brown Theatre
Attn: Box Office
206 McClung Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0420